Sunday, August 30, 2009

I liiiiiiiive!

So, I said I would write on Tuesday... Here we are on Sunday, and I am at least still alive! Heh, that has to count for something, right?

Well, the week has been an interesting one. Tuesday was extremely busy with a combination of Shakespeare Acting Styles, Shakespeare (English), and Directing I, and I couldn't be happier with it. The classes give me the opportunity to study plays more in depth, and I get to look really smart when I decide to comment. My professors (for the most part) are fantastic, and go out of their way to try to get us all excited about the material. It was kind of funny, but Professor Tvordi (SE) was so excited to have me in her class that she dropped my name no less than six times and kept looking at me through the hour. The rest of the class kept giving me funny looks, but I'm certainly going to try to give them reasonable cause to give me those funny looks. I want to learn as much as I can this semester, if only because it's so directly connected to what I want to do with the rest of my life.

Professor Sham (SAS) came into class and demanded that we all go to the Shakespeare plays that were finishing up this week, which instantly translated to free tickets for the entire class. Hooray! I went to "Henry V" on Tuesday night, "As You Like It" on Wednesday, and finished off the set with "Comedy of Errors." Out of them, "As You Like It" was definitely the best, though "Comedy of Errors" was surprisingly funny... I was impressed. "Henry V", however, was so dull that I fell asleep any time that the lead was not on stage (and even then, it was only a half-of-the-time thing). But, it was a good week. I'm still standing, and I will try to keep on top of my blog.

No comments: