Monday, January 16, 2012

Because of Him

I had originally planned to write a blogpost about Tebow and my various thoughts on the media today. However, circumstances lead to me having something of a conniption fit. As always, I coped by writing a poem, which I decided to share with you all. Whenever I get scared, upset, or hurt poetry seems to be the best venue for me to vent through. Tomorrow, later on, I will be certain to write up my original post. For now, though, I just...need to vent a little.


Because of Him

He hurt me.
Bits of my soul are
Shattered, tainted, warped
Because of him.

Everyone seems to think
I should be over it,
Moved on,
Healed up.
But it’s not finished.

He hurt me.
He broke me.
He tried to take away my life.

What part of that just
Doesn’t make sense?
I am terrified, trembling,
Shaking with fear
Because I know,
I just know...

Some day he’s going to
Find me,
And when he does?
Bits of my body will be
Here and there...
Because of him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi* my name is katherine
i have the same skin disorder you do
contact me at
zkmt21@goldmail.etsu.edu
if you want…i dont know anyone else with the same type as we do it would be nice to talk =)