Friday, September 21, 2007

Hail To The Chief Because He Needs Hailed and Why I'm Normal

Let's start with "Why I'm Normal." Two nights ago my friend and I were in my room watching part of Avatar: The Last Airbender when suddenly the air was filled with shrieks. And I mean SHRIEKS! Clearly it was our duty to go and investigate the source of the noise, and so we went dashing down the hallway to the living room in the middle of our floor. What we found there both shocked and amazed us.

Sitting on the table and couches of our living room where most of my floormates dressed most...peculiarly. They were sitting there (in all their psychotic glory) sobbing and flailing about "David" while speaking in Russian accents. From what I gathered they were madly in love with "David" and were fighting over which one would get his love. So I, being impish, told them that "David" was in the closet at the end of the hall (seeing as he is a made up person I figured he wouldn't mind). Wow. They went shrieking down the hall to pound on the door, and while they did that I bounced into my room across the hall from the closet to attach my friend's webcam to my laptop. The following video is what I caught right after clipping it on....Wow, my friends. Wow. I really am the normal one here.




~~~~

Today it also happened that President Michael T. Benson was instated as President of Southern Utah University. Exciting, no? Well, I decided to go to his inauguration (since I might not ever have that kind of chance again) and I was...amazed. Not only is my new president absolutely in love with the musical Wicked, which makes him cool, but he's a genuinely amazing guy. The plans he has for my school...Wow! The PVA is getting a new building and the Shakespearean Festival is getting a two block village! Pretty sure that's amazing stuff, that.

It seems SUU has made a turnaround with our new president, and I'm excited to see what happens. I've met the man and he's very, very nice. This should be one heck of an adventure!

3 comments:

Cliche Horror Film said...

I have to say...
That's pretty much amazing.

Kirstin said...

*laughs*Never thought the day would come when I was normal, did you?

Cliche Horror Film said...

It had to come sooner or later.
(: