Monday, September 21, 2009

Gnocchi and Gorgeous

So, tonight was fun. After family home evening, Jamie, Kinsey, and I decided to do a G Double Header of the Jackie Chan movie "Gorgeous" and Gnocchi Soup. Talk about an absolutely wonderful night! We got to laugh and eat amazing tasting potato dumplings, not to mention I gained a new appreciation of the interesting realm of Chinese humor.

If you feel inclined, I've included the recipe for Gnocchi soup (the Kirstin variation). Have fun!

Saute in soup pan:
2 T fresh, chopped onions
2 T oil

Add:
1 quart chicken broth (can be watered down if you like)
2 cups thinly sliced carrots
1/2 t lemon juice
Italian seasoning to taste

Bring to a boil, let boil for 3-4 minutes (to soften carrots)

Add:
1 Package Gnocchi (approx. 3 cups)
Pre-cooked chicken (anywhere from 1/2 - 2 cups)

Boil until the Gnocchi float to the top, which should take 2-3 minutes. Then you dish it into a bowl, curl up with a good movie, and enjoy!

~~As a side note, yes I did my usual cleaning today. However, since I really attacked the bathroom it took my well into the afternoon and I didn't get to the kitchen. I was a very, very tired person by the time Jamie got home from classes. Our bathroom smells really nice currently, though, and even glistens in the right light. ^_^

2 comments:

Nora said...

I have never had Gnocchi. Where do you purchase yours? How's school going? I hope all is well. Love to you.

Kirstin said...

I get my Gnocchi at the local grocery store. Lins, Albertsons, and Smith's all carry it. DaVinchi pasta is generally the brand that carries it, though there is some variation.

School...is keeping me busy. Love you too.