Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summertime Blues

There is something about summer--be it the endless stream of vacationing friends, the hazy days, the heat, or the general lack of school--that makes time just drift away. Days begin to blur together until you look at your phone and realize "what, it's Thursday already?" I think this strange, disheartening state is why I dislike summer so much. Oh, certainly, it has its appeal in its freedom and fun events, but that driving passion we experience for it during the winter seems to fade during the first month of summer.

I know that I've been struggling this week, if only because I feel so little motivation. My stories are growing healthily and my writing is only improving, but as a person I feel kind of... flat. Even with my days gaining more structure I always feel like there is more that I could do--then again, that may have something to do with my lack of a job. So, I keep plugging away with applying for jobs, writing, and making jewelry, but I just can't wait for school to start again.

No comments: