Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Twiddle and Twitch

At the end of the day it always comes down to business. The business of breathing, the business of living, and the business of business.

I figured I'd let you all know what I'm up to at the moment, if only to make certain I am in fact living. Currently I am waiting to hear back on my abstract submission to the Ohio Valley Shakespeare Conference. I submitted a paper that would explore why Chaucer was not in William Shakespeare's "Richard II", and hopefully I will hear from them by the end of the month. I'm also working on two books at this exact moment: a Steampunk retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" and a high fantasy mystery. They are keeping me busy, in their own way, and I'm hoping to have the fairytale done by the end of June if things keep on schedule. I'm also making jewelry, which is fun. I've found the long hours of arguing with wire and chain is very soothing to me. My mind is able to take a break, I am able to relax, and my day generally goes better after taking the time to de-stress. It's great.

Hopefully things go well for all of you in the coming week.

No comments: