Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Design and Lent

First off, I decided that my blog needed a facelift. I think the brighter, softer colors look nifty on it, and it pleases me greatly. :D

Secondly, I am struggling over what to give up for Lent. I know that Lent is a Catholic tradition, but my friends in college and I have been doing it every year for the sake of perspective. In the past I've given up teasing, negativity, and sarcasm--all good choices that have helped me grow and flourish. This year, though, I don't quite know what to do. Jamie is giving up novels and video games while Kinsey is giving up sugar. If anything I'd want to give up doubt, but it feels like much of the same for me. I know that confidence is one of my huge issues and in the coming month I'm going to be hearing back from all of the graduate schools I applied to--that means I will be doubting myself a lot. But having given up negativity and sarcasm before it just doesn't feel like... enough of a challenge, I guess? Kinsey teased me by saying I should give up not getting three meals a day, but that seems like Lent in reverse.

I'm sure I'll figure something out, otherwise I may just have to give up doubt. Heh, wouldn't that be exciting to watch?

1 comment:

Mom of 12 said...

I think Lent sounds like an interesting idea. Did you know that I am writing a blog that tells all about Kinsey's family? You can find it at www.twelvemakesadozen.blogspot.com
Shhh, don't tell, she's incognito and her name is Drama Queen.
Come and visit...even be a follower! See you soon.
Sandy