Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sexyfine Superheroes

I don't think I will be eating ice cream for a long while.

Have you ever happened to hear of The Zion? It is a massive compilation of twenty six scoops of ice cream, six sauces, and twelve sprinkles that exists at GranDee's; and, when you manage to finish off that beast your group/name goes up on a plaque. My friends decided that we were going to go and conquer this mass of food...The one problem is there were only eight of us.

Now let me tell you another little story to help you understand why eight people are a problem. Two months ago as a Resident Housing Freshmen Assistant Board we went to GranDee's and conquered The Zion. We had fourteen people and barely managed to finish the beast off, and so to go at it with almost half that number was considered to be suicide.

So, with our motley crew we sat down in our seats and stared at this mass of ice cream wondering what we had gotten ourselves into. Among us was someone allergic to milk, someone allergic to more nuts than she had originally thought, someone who hates chocolate, the comeback kid, and four super eaters who nearly didn't make it.

I got the nickname "slow and steady" because I ended up eating five cups of ice cream and helping drain the bottom of the bowl, and only paused for a five minute break in the middle.

During the gauntlet of ice cream many interesting events happened (as one might expect), and I'm not sure there are words to describe all of them. Where should I start?...Ah yes, the mini yoga session! Right towards the end it was determined that, in order to cleanse various auras and be able to eat more, it was necessary to "greet the sun" and do some yoga. Had you walked into that ice cream store at about...six at night you would have seen three girls standing in the middle of the room doing various yoga poses and giggling madly. I, thankfully, was not one of them. I was laughing my head off at them.

After that they collected themselves and sat down, and we continued giggle in almost an insane manner. We were on the ultimate sugar rush, and that soon spawned interpretive dancing. Before we finished we managed to interpret numerous Walt Disney songs and created a rap of "Dancing Through Life" from Wicked. Finally, though, after about two hours of eating we finished with something of a collective groan, waddled over to the bell, and declared ourselves victorious. Now if you go into GranDee's and look at the names of those who survived The Zion you'll happen to see one that says "SEXYFINE 'Don't just admire us beautiful people, become one of us.' " That oddity would be ours.

Oh, and if you don't get the reference go onto YouTube and look up "abridged Avatar" and click on episode three. Pretty sure you'll get a good laugh, even if it makes no sense. Actually, I would recommend watching all four just for kicks and giggles.

I will have you know that I did go to work after conquering The Zion, and I managed to give a presentation to a group of scouts on the stars and planets. Things went well except for the fact our thirty year old telescope was miss aligned inside, and that led to all kinds of frustration. Oh, Laura, our lactose intolerant person, is my assistant at the Astronomy Lab, and after eating enough ice cream to make herself ill she ate two jr. double cheeseburgers and fiesta potatoes...I wonder how she did it because I'm still not hungry, and those events happened yesterday! Talk about insanity; but hey, she's fun!

I don't think we had an exciting enough day, really. I have to wonder...what's going to happen next?

No comments: